We have been building robots and coding for almost 10 years. During the last 5 years we have been working on the sumo robot technology. Together we spend loads of time trying to find and figure out ways to make our devices do new and exciting things.
We are peers, colleagues and friends. Together we spend loads of time trying to find and figure out ways how to make our devices do new and exciting things.
Our achievements on international scale:
- Robotex 2016 - Estonia 1st, 2nd and 3rd places – Mini Sumo; 1st – MegaSumo
- 2016 Robot Challange – Vienna, Austria 1st and 2nd place Mini Sumo, 2nd place Mega sumo
- Robotex 2015 - Estonia 1st and 2nd place Mega sumo discipline
- 2015 Robot Challange – Vienna, Austria 1st and 3rd place – Mega Sumo discipline Mini Sumo death-match win
- 2014 International Robot Sumo Tournament - Tokyo, Japan 1st place - Mega Sumo discipline
- Robotex 2014 1st, 2nd and 3rd places - Mega Sumo discipline 2nd place in Mini Sumo discipline
- 2014 Robot Challange – Vienna, Austria 1st, 2nd and 3rd places - Mega Sumo discipline Mini Sumo death-match win 1st place - Line Follower
- Robotex 2013 1st and 2nd places - Mega Sumo and Line Follower
- 2013 Robot Challange – Vienna, Austria (400 robots from around 30 countries) 1st, 2nd and 3rd places - Mega Sumo discipline Mini Sumo death-match win 2nd place - Line Follower
- RoboGames 2013 USA 1st and 2nd places - Mega Sumo 1st place - Mini Sumo 1st place – Line Follower
- 2012 All JapanRobot-Sumo tournament 24th - Tokyo, Japan A tie between 13th and14th places (more than 1000 participants in the games)
- Robotex 2012 1st, 2nd and 3rd places - Line Follower 1st, 2nd and 3rd places - Mini Sumo
- 2012 Baltic Robot Sumo – Riga, Latvia 1st and 2nd places - Mega Sumo „Gauja” and „Firebolt” 2nd and 3rd places - „Fast&Furious” and „Spartan” 2nd place – Line Follower „Silent”
- 2012 Robot Challange – Vienna, Austria 1st place - Mini Sumo „Fast&Furious” 1st and 2nd places - Mega Sumo „Flash”
- 2011 All Japan Robot-Sumo tournament 23rd - Tokyo, Japan 3kg (lb,pounds) sumo “Flash” – lost in round 1 of playoffs
- Robotex 2011 – Estonia 1st and 3rd places – Line Follower Robots - „Silent” and „Knight Rider”
- 2010 All Japan Robot-Sumo tournament 22nd - Tokyo, Japan 3 kg sumo “Tachka V3” 52nd-48th places, total of 1300 robots
- RoboGames 2010 USA Mini sumo “Shpaktele”. 3 kg sumo “Tachka” - 2nd place
- RobotChallenge 2010 – Vienna, Austria Mini sumo “Shpaktele” - 30th-40th places of 120 robots Sumo 3 kg - 8th-16th places from 80 robots
- Robotika 2010: Mini sumo - 1st place, total of 11 robots
- Baltic Robot Sumo 2009 LT Mini sumo “Shpaktele” - 9th-11th places, total of 26 robots 3kg sumo “Tachka” - 4th-6th places, total of 13 robots
- Baltic Robot Sumo 2009 Tallin, Estonia Mini sumo “Shpaktele” - 7th-14th places, total of 22 robots
- Robotika 2009 Mini sumo “Shpaktele” - 3rd place from 20 robots
- Baltic Robot Sumo 2008 3 kg sumo “Tachka” - 3rd place
- Robotika 2008 Line Follower “Rat” - 3rd place
- Robotika 2007 Line Follower “LineJet” - 2nd place from 26 robots
- 2007 “Inovācijas arēna” Line Follower “LineJet” - 2nd place Line Follower “Amphibia V2” - DNF
- Robotika 2006 Line Follower “Linijdiebis”
Dr. Agris Nikitenko
Chairman of the Board
One of the leading robotics specialists in Latvia, active researcher and lecturer, focus on research about autonomic systems and the AI(artificial intelligence). Among the organizers of the first robotics event in Latvia.
Team and a actual leader of the Latvian robotics team. Has represented Latvia many times in competitions in Europe, USA and Japan, and with his team-mates have secured wide recognition of Latvia in the world.
Teacher and researcher, manager of several robotics clubs. Has won awards at the international robot competitions.
Engineer - consultant
Made his first competition robot in year 2007. Designed mechanics of the winning robots at European, Japanese and American competitions. Together with his team-mates has made robots for scientific, educational and entertainment purposes.
Engineer - consultant
Teacher, actively teaches students and other enthusiasts in robot construction. Organizes electronics and robotics clubs in schools, as well as work-shops and seminars about the construction of robots.
To facilitate faster adoption of robotics and IT specific skills we have elaborated a special offer for clubs and schools based on our experience for last 10 years in organizing hands-on robotics seminars and technical chill-outs.
- Visiting seminars for teachers, pupils and enthusiasts to provide an insight into electronics, robotics and programming fundamentals or just to have fun through education;
- Dedicated club sets that ensures all necessary equipment for building robots, programming and training for competitions;
- Full equipment for school classes to enable robotics lessons including hand tools, study material and other necessary tools for work over the semester;
- RENT of the robots with RobotNest support and service whenever it is needed ensuring their full functionality and upgrade over the rent period;
Each of the services is very specific in need an individual approach. Therefore if you consider it, please contact us.
The Demonstration project is being installed at manufacturing site and is used to test and demonstrate the main functions of the SumoBoy. To install the project, download the code and unzip it in folder you know. Use the Arduino programming Environment installation guide to setup the Environment and then use it to open the project.
|Download demonstration project||Download quick start guide||Download demonstration project for SumoBoy 2.0|
|SumoBoy data sheet (v 1)||Prototyping kit data sheet (v 1)||Robot prototyping kit SumoBoy data sheet (v 1)|
|SumoBoy Learning material|
|Owlet assembling instruction|
Here you can download our visual programming tool: https://github.com/robotnest/ArduBlocks
|Our e-mail: email@example.com||Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robotnest/
Our legal details:
|Name: SIA „RobotNest”,
VAT reg. Num. 40103831097
|Legal address: Dzirnavu str. 93-16, Riga, Latvija, LV-1011
We use Virtual Office, therefore before you come to see us, please contact us
|Bank details: Swedbanka, HABALV22,
Years of competence
Lines of code